Getting Started with Plaky
If you want to minimize email and messaging clutter, work with your team on clearly-defined projects and tasks and be able to follow your progress and the progress of your team members, Plaky is all you need!
It’s a highly visual project management tool that enables you to manage your projects, teams and tasks in an efficient and timely manner.
So, let’s start with some basic steps you need to take in order to start using Plaky.
Step 1: Add Workspace #
Prior to doing anything else, you need access to the Workspace in Plaky application. Depending on your user role, you can either be invited to the Workspace, or automatically assigned to it when you register your account and create an organization.
Organization represents your company’s virtual space that incorporates the administration, management and purpose of multiple Plaky Workspaces created in it.
Once you complete the initial step and log in, you’ll find yourself in the Workspace you were invited to (as a regular member), or the Main Workspace that has automatically been assigned to you (as the Owner).
Workspace is a virtual place that lets you collaborate with your team members and manage your tasks.
Depending on your user role, you will be able to handle the Workspace differently.
Owner can modify Workspace according to your needs:
- Rename Workspace
- Change Workspace type (Open/Closed)
- Add new Workspace
- Set new Workspace as default
- Delete Workspace
Step 2: Add Board #
After you’ve made all the modifications, you can add a new Board to the Workspace.
On Board you can manage all your Items, organize Projects and correspond with your team mates.
To add Board to the Workspace:
- Navigate to the left sidebar
- Click +Add
- Choose New Board from the dropdown
- In Create Board modal enter Board name (e.g. Marketing Center)
- Click Create Board
Upon adding new Board, you automatically get a template for Item Group and Item.
Step 3: Add Item Group #
Each Item created on the Board has an Item Group it belongs to. Item Group is a type of container that makes the Board cleaner and helps you organize the Items. You can organize your Board in any way you like and according to the criteria you prefer.
No Item can be created as a standalone entity. It needs to be in Item Group.
Although you automatically get a template for Item Group and Item once you create the Board, here are all the steps you need to take in order to start using the Board in an efficient way.
To add Item Group:
- Click on an arrow on the New Item button
- Choose New group of Items from the dropdown
- New group appears as an empty container on the Board
After creating Item Group, you can continue by adding Items.
Step 4: Add Item #
Now, continue the process by adding Item. Item represents any type of task, assignment or responsibility that is part of the project and should be completed.
To add Item:
- Click +Add placed below Item Group on Board
- Enter Item name in field that appears (e.g. Content Editing)
- Press Enter on keyboard
Now, you can continue with Board configuration and start adding Columns.
Step 5: Add Columns #
Columns represent any type of data that can be added to your Items and help you organize and complete the Items on your Board in the most efficient way (e.g. text, link, status, person…)
To add column:
- Click the + button located at the top right of the Item Group
- Choose column type from the dropdown
- Add column types one by one
- With each column type, new column will be added to the Items listed in the Group
Although the + button is located above every Item Group, the columns work on a Board level and are propagated to all Groups.
Step 6: Start using Plaky #
Now that you’ve configured your Board and Workspace and made all the initial setups, you can start using Plaky and manage your project.
Assign Task #
One of the most important features in Plaky enables team members to assign tasks in form of Items to each other. With this feature, apart from transparency in terms of members being able to see who is working on which task and track the progress, they can also handle all the correspondence related to the task in question and the overall project.
To assign task to Member:
- In the task you’d like to assign, navigate to the Person column you’ve created in the previous step
- Click on the + button that appears when you hover over the column
- Click on the team member/team you’d like to assign
- Click anywhere on the Board to exit the window
You can assign multiple members of your team, or entire team that belongs to your Workspace.
Leave Comment #
You can maintain correspondence with anyone assigned to Items. This way, all the improvement, alterations and discussions related to the Item can be tracked.
To leave a comment:
- Hover over Item name (left side of the tile)
- Click on the comment button
- Leave a comment in the designated section
- Click Add Comment
Item that contains comment will be marked as such when you hover over Item’s name.