Invite or Remove Space Users
This article explains the way in which you can invite and remove Users from the Space.
Whether you’re a Space Owner or not, with Admin and Member roles you can add/remove Users. However, on paid plans, Admins can control user invitations. For more detailed information on customizing user invitation permissions check out this article.
When inviting users, you can choose if new user will have a Member or a Viewer role. Their role can be changed also to Admin, once the invitation is sent.
Viewers are available on paid plans only.
Add Users #
To add Users:
- Navigate and click on the Users button at the bottom left corner of the sidebar
- In Invite new members modal enter User(s) email(s) and select the role (Member/Viewer)
- Click Invite
You can also add Users by clicking the Invite members button in the User Management screen, or Invite New Members button on bottom of the Home Page screen.
- Tap on the hamburger menu
- Choose Invite Users screen
- Tap Invite by email (*Invite by link option will be implemented soon)
If you choose to invite Users by email, new Invite Users modal prompts you to enter User’s email. Then choose the user type – Member or Viewer (available on paid plans only). Tap Invite to complete the action. Invitees will get the invitation email with the link to the Workspace they are invited to.
- Tap on the hamburger menu
- Choose Invite Members option
- Type the email addresses of the teammates you want to invite
- Tap Invite
The User will receive the invitation via email. Once they accept and click on the link, they will be redirected to the Space home page. The link expires after seven days.
To invite multiple users via email, just copy and paste their email addresses. Before copying, make sure that the email addresses are separated by comma, semicolon (;), space, pipe (|), new line or tab.
Verifying your email address is a mandatory step before you can invite users to your Space.
Pending Status #
Invited Users that haven’t logged in yet, have a pending status. You can resend or cancel their invitation.
To resend invitation, click on the three dots button in the pending User’s label.
- Tap to open the hamburger menu in the top left corner
- Select Users and Teams
- Tap on the desired user name
- Tap Resend invitation to complete the action
Users in a pending status are visible across all lists and can be assigned, mentioned, and included in teams as if they were already active. A “Pending” label accompanies their username. If a user invitation is cancelled, they will be treated as deleted users.
Note that on paid plans pending users occupy user seats.
Remove Users #
Removing users from Space can be done on Web app only. To remove a user on mobile apps, you need to deactivate them.
To remove User:
- Go to the Space homepage if you’re not there already (click on the Space name in the Space dropdown menu)
- Click X next to Users name in Members section
You’ll get the toast message at the bottom right corner of the screen indicating that you’ve successfully removed User from the Space.
Main Space Users cannot be deleted.