Getting Started with Plaky on iOS Device
If you’d like to use all the benefits that Plaky offers and always keep up with the latest developments, even when you’re on the go, then Plaky mobile app is the right solution for you.
Here’s a brief overview of the main functionalities provided for the mobile app on the iOS device.
Step 1: Download app #
Prior to configuring anything, go to the iOS App Store and download the app.
Step 2: Register/create Organization #
When you open the app, you’ll see a Home screen with empty fields you’ll be prompted to fill out.
- Organization name
- Your name
- Email address
After you filled out all the required fields, tap Register to complete the action.
Step 3: Explore Plaky #
Now that you created the Organization, you can navigate through the app.
In Home screen, go to the hamburger menu at the top right of your screen.
Here you can access:
- Home screen
- Notifications screen
- Invite Members screen
- Help Center screen
Home screen #
Home screen allows you to see all the Workspaces and Boards you’ve created.
Please note that the iOS Plaky app allows you to add, edit and modify Item and Board. However, to add, edit or modify Workspace, you need to use Plaky web application.
Create Board #
You can create the Board while you’re on a Home screen page by choosing Board Template that suits your needs and requirements.
For example, choose Product launch template if you’d like to keep track of your progress and better prioritize your tasks.
To create Board:
- Tap on the + button at the top right corner
- Choose Board Template from the dropdown
Tap Choose this template to complete the action.
Boards are, by default, sorted according to the order they were created in. You can also choose to arrange them as Favorites (starred as Favorites) or Recent (those recently used).
To do that:
- Tap on the hamburger menu
- Choose Home screen
- Tap on the arrow on the right to expand
You’ll be able to see a Quick access section. Tap to choose to display Boards as Favorites or Recent. Currently used display is marked.
After you selected the preferred sorting option, Boards will be displayed accordingly.
You can also search Boards, Files and other documents in the search box at the top.
Once you start typing, the search results will be displayed below.
When you tap on the Board, you can search through the Items in the Search task bar at the top of the screen. Once you start typing, the search results will be displayed below.
If you have a lot of Items in Item Groups, you can extend and collapse Item Groups so that you have a better overview of the Board you’re using.
Board View #
Plaky app offers you different types of Board Views in order to visualize your data in the best way. There are two different types of Board View:
- Table View (default)
- Table with columns and rows
- Kanban View
- View based on well know project management technique used to manage work by prioritizing tasks
You can add multiple Board Views to one Board, or change the existing one. To add Board View click on the Board View icon at the top right corner and choose one according to your preferences.
In Table View, swipe left to see all the Columns on the Board.
In Kanban View, swipe left to see all the Items on the Board grouped by Status.
Board Filter #
Board Filter helps you keep things in order and filter them out according to your needs and preferences.
To use Board filter:
- Tap on the filter icon at the top of Board
- You’ll see a list of entities in a new screen
- Choose these entities as parameters to filter out the search
Each parameter contains the list of all the Columns and the number of Columns made with that parameter on the Board.
Filter Board by:
- Item Group
The Board filter contains faceted search which can be filtered according to multiple parameters.
Choose the parameters by tapping on them.
Click Apply to save the filtering for the Board view you’re currently on. The filtering option you’re using will be indicated with a pink and purple multicolored frame (type of column used) and dot with the number of parameters you chose.
To undo the filtering, tap on Unselect all, or simply uncheck the tiles by tapping on them.
Board menu #
Board menu lets you quickly access and modify info, view and sort on your Board.
To access the Board menu, tap on the three dots menu at the top right corner of the Board.
In the Board info modal, you can edit Board name and description, change permissions and view all information related to the Board owner and creator.
Depending on the permissions, you can delete the Board, as well.
With the Change view option, you can change your Board view (Table or Kanban).
If you choose the Sort option, you’ll be able to sort the Columns in your Board according to the Column type present on the Board in the ascending and descending order.
Sort is only available with a Table Board View.
Add Item #
If you’re not anywhere near your PC and need to add new task on the go, you can do that from the iOS app. Apart from an overview of all the Boards and Workspaces you have access to, you can also add Item in a few easy steps.
- Choose Workspace and then Board you’d like to add Item to
- Tap on +New Item on the Board
Now you need to enter Item name and tap Add in Add Item modal.
Once you’ve created new Item, it will be visible on the Board in the iOS and web app.
Now, you can modify it by setting up due Date, Status, assigning Team Members, or adding Comments and Files.
Share Item #
By sharing Item, you can send send the Item link to other Team Members across different platforms.
To share Item:
- Tap on Item you’d like to share
- Tap on share icon at the top right corner
- Copy the link, or share it via one of the options available
User with whom the Item is shared gets the link which takes them to the Item that has been shared.
In the Comments tab, you can add any additional comments you might have, or information related to the Item in question. Simply tap on the Comments tab and Leave a comment button. Type out a comment in the rich text screen. With different headings and formatting styles available, you can also leave longer and more complex notes or comments.
In the Files tab, you can upload multiple number and different types of files, open and play multimedia files, manage files attached to the Item and download files from the preview.
To upload files, tap on the Files tab and Add File button. Then choose one or more files from your local storage.
Plaky iOS app supports the following types of files:
Add Column #
Items on your Board consist of Columns. Each Column represents some entity relevant to the project, or type of content presented on the Board (e.g. Event planning Board can have these Columns: Person responsible, Team, Reviewer, Date Cost, Status…).
To add a Column:
- Choose Board
- Tap the + button on right of your Item group (if you don’t see the button, swipe left across the screen)
- Choose type of Column
- Tap Add
The Column will be added to all the existing Items and all newly-created Items on the Board will contain this Column.
Notifications screen #
Notifications screen provides you an overview of the following:
- All activities that affect you
- Marking Notifications as read and deleting them
- List of Items that are mentioned in Notifications
They are grouped in four different tabs:
- All (Notifications listed)
- Unread (Unread Notifications)
- Mentioned (Notifications you were mentioned in)
- Assigned (Notifications which inform you of Items, Boards, or some other entity you were assigned to)
To check the details of the Notification, tap the Notification tile in the Notifications screen.
All Notifications contain the appropriate icon that indicates the type of event you are notified of. Notification you checked or read will no longer be listed in the Unread tab.
Invite Members screen #
You can also invite new Members to the Workspace.
There are two ways in which you can do that:
- Invite new Team Member by email
- Invite new Team Member with link
To invite new Members:
- Tap on the hamburger menu
- Choose Invite Members screen
- Choose one of the two options (by email or with a link)
If you choose to invite Team Member by email, new Invite Team Member modal prompts you to enter Member’s email. Tap Invite to complete the action. Member will get the invitation email with the link to the Workspace they are invited to.
Help Center screen #
Here, you can access Plaky Help documentation with instructions and guides on how to use the app.
- Tap on the hamburger menu at the top left
- Choose Help Center screen
You’ll be able to access basic guidelines on how to use Plaky.
Settings section helps you configure your account and your Organization.
In the Settings screen, you can:
- Configure your Account (edit information about your account)
- Invite Members (invite new Team Member by email or invitation link)
- Contact Us (contact Plaky support)
- Knowlegde Base (access to articles that can help you with managing your workflow and organizing your tasks)
To configure your account:
- Tap on the hamburger menu at the top left
- Choose Settings
- Tap on the arrow next to your profile photo to expand
- Tap Edit at the top left corner of the screen
- All your profile info becomes immediately editable: full name, phone number and location
- Make changes, if necessary and tap Save to complete the process
You can also switch between accounts, invite new members, contact our support and visit our Knowledge base for more information.